This is contribution centric, think about what impact this company wants to have on itst community or clients, it can be nationally or internationally focused.
Tips for crafting an inspiring vision:
• What does this company naturally do well?
• Focus on what this company can contribute too and help improve over time
• This is not necessarily a measurable goal
• Think Inspirational mantra or culture to doing things
• What are they most passionate about delivering to their community/clients?
• What difference does this company want to make in the world or industry?
• Summarise this into a succinct and memorable sentence
• Think something that staff and leaders can get inspired by
• Apple (Steve Jobs): Make a dent in the universe
• Tesla (Elon Musk): Secure the future of humanity
• The Oprah Winfrey Network: Raise the level of human consciousness.
This is goal centric, think more along the lines of a measurable achievement that this company can strive towards over the next few years or potentially decade.
Tips for crafting a powerful mission:
• What is a massive audacious goal for this company
• Something that will both excite and intimidate those striving for it
• What is the best goal to achieve the defined vision above.
• This should be realistic but a stretch
• Summarise this into a succinct memorable sentence
• Think something that staff and leaders can work towards on a daily basis.
Example Mission of Tesla (Elon Musk):
to accelerate the advent of sustainable transport by bringing compelling mass market electric cars to market as soon as possible.
Example Mission of American Express (Kenneth Chenault):
Be the world’s most respected service brand by empowering and support staff to provide exceptional service to our customers.
This is culture centric, think about who the staff and leaders need to turn up to work each day as. What daily principles will push the company towards achieving its goals and the realisation of it vision.
Tips for crafting company values:
• Best practices that will contribute towards the mission/vision
• What standards does this company hire and fire by?
• How do you want customers to feel
• Work backwards to a task, process or type of interaction that achieves this
• What mentality should staff members approach tasks with?
Example Values (Zappos.com):
• Deliver WOW Through Service
• Embrace and Drive Change
• Create Fun and a Little Weirdness
• Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
• Pursue Growth and Learning
• Build Open and Honest Relationships with Communication
• Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit
• Do More with Less
• Be Passionate and Determined
• Be Humble
2–4 types of personalities defined as clearly and specifically as possible. Something that all marketing can be measure against and success predicted from.
Questions to help craft a Perfect Prospect:
• You can’t market to everyone
• Pick 2–4 key types of person that marketing channels can be catered toward
• Be as specific as possible
• Gender, small age range, profession, hobbies and interests
• How much time do they spend online a day?
• What sites do they spend the most time on?
• Try to know the customers better than they know themselves
Female, 34 years old, mother of two that is looking to enter back into the workforce, lives on the Northern Beaches, spends 1 hour a day on Pinterest, enjoys yoga and catching up with her girlfriends for a drink on Sunday afternoons.
• What powerful insights has this company discovered
• What is highly relevant to the problem or project at hand?
• What do your customers currently think about you
• How do you customers currently currently behave?
• What drives or motivates their customers to act or purchase?
• What is stopping their customers from acting or purchasing?
• What powerful truth separates this company from its competitors?
If you do sell products, how many?
I don't sell any products
Small range of 2-10 products
Medium range of 10-40 products
Large range of 50+ products
* Launch Date
What is your ideal date to take the site live?
Give us the lay of the land. Tell us about your industry and how you fit into it. Newcomer or established? Local, regional, or national? Artisanal/boutique or mass market?
What brands and/or individuals do you consider competition?
What brands and/or individuals would you consider to be design inspiration?
What makes you or your business unique/appealing/ competitive?
If your business has a physical presence or shop front, please enter the listed address below
Please list the social media platforms your business uses (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) and the @usernames
List the pages you think your website will need (Home, About, Services, Menu, Contact, etc.)
Will anyone else, such as partners or employees, need administrative access to the website?
1 account admin (myself)
2-4 account admins
5+ account admins
Anything else you’d like to tell us about this project?